15 Popular Kitchen Design Trends
White, gray, black, blue; granite, marble, concrete; the world of kitchen design is overflowing with more options that ever. Just as clothing styles change often, so do interior design trends, especially where kitchens and bathrooms are involved. Hudson Valley Kitchens has seen and done it all in homes in the Newburgh area!
If you’re thinking its time for a kitchen remodel, let’s take a look at some of the recent design trends that may help steer your decision-making.
- Open floor plans. Obviously this isn’t a new trend, but for now, it appears it is one that is here to stay! So if you’re dreaming of opening up your space, you can probably rest easy that it will be on-trend for some years to come.
- Open shelving. We’ve all seen this chic trend on display in HGTV shows featuring small, quaint New York City apartments, and large-scale kitchens alike. It can be tempting to have open shelves due to the convenience of being able to see everything, and have everything in arms-reach without opening or closing cabinet doors. However, keep in mind that open shelves require some dedicated organization skills and routing dusting.
- Freezer-on-the-Bottom Refrigerators. More and more homeowners are opting to get away from the side-by-side fridge/freezer and go for the newer freezer-on-the-bottom style.
- Wine coolers. Well, wine is certainly popular right now – so wine coolers are becoming a more popular accessory in upscale homes. Feel this is a little too pricey? A simple wine rack is a great addition instead!
- Quartz countertops. These are still a small part of the countertop market share, but the demand is certainly growing! Don’t worry, though, the more traditional granite option is still going strong, too, and remains widely used thanks to its beautiful look and durability.
- Single basin sinks. Believe it or not, this year there has been an uptick in customers wanting a single basic kitchen sink.
- Espresso brown flooring. This trend has been around for nearly a decade now, and is a beautiful and classic look, especially against well-accented countertops and cabinets throughout the space. However, we have seen lighter flooring become more trending in recent years – especially tones of white and gray.
- Outdoor kitchens. Like the wine cooler we talked about above, this is obviously a pretty pricey addition during a kitchen remodel. However, if you enjoy spending time outside, it might be a good investment for you and your home.
No matter what the trends, we cannot emphasize enough the importance of choosing what you like and prefer during a kitchen remodel. It is your home, and you should love the outcome of the design! Also, keep your budget in mind. You do not want buyer’s remorse later, or not enjoy your new kitchen because of the price you paid. Come in armed with a budget, and let our design team get to work finding all the right colors, surfaces, and finishes to create the kitchen of your dreams. Hudson Valley Kitchens can help you